Economic Ministry has stated that in the first two months since the policy was passed, a total of 14 shops and restaurant have been granted permission to operate for 24 hours.
This includes 10 restaurants and 4 shops.
- Shop and Save (Sosun Magu)
- New Chain (Sosun Magu)
- ANG Traders (Orchid Magu)
- Express Mart (Villingili Ferry Terminal)
- SeaHouse (Hulhumale’ Ferry Terminal)
- Dolphin view cafe’
- M.T. Canteen (MWSC canteen)
- Market Hotel
- South Wing cafe’
- Nice and Spice (Foodcourt)
- Retreat Delight (Foodcourt)
- Weaver Cafe’ (Foodcourt)
- Novel Bistro (Foodcourt)
- Saffron Cafe’ (Sosun Magu)
This permission is issued with an annual fee of MVR 2000 and the permit has to be renewed once every two years.
Ministry of Economic Development started issuing permits to operate for 24 hours this March.