Supreme Court judge, Abdulla Didi has filed complaints against 5 members of the Judicial Service Commission (JSC), according to a police media official.
The Judicial Service Commission recently suspended Abdulla Didi stating that the police requested the commission to do so regarding an investigation involving the judge. However, the police and the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) both denied this statement.
JSC comprises 10 members of whom 3 are due to their position. The main members being, incumbent parliament speaker Mohamed Nasheed, Attorney General Ibrahim Riffath and the president of the Civil Service Commission Dr Ali Saleem. The other members are:
- MP of Thulhaadhoo constituency Hisaan Hussain, elected by the People’s Majilis
- Abdulla Areef, elected by the Supreme Court judges
- Mohamed Easa Fulhu, elected by the Magistrate Courts
- Abdul Rauf Ibrahim, elected by the High Court
- Abdul Hannan, elected as a representative among citizens by the People’s Majilis
- Masthooh Husnee, as the president’s representative
- Latheefa Qasim, elected from the lawyers