The cumulative total of state expenditure as of 31 October reached MVR21,554.4 million (MVR21.6 billion).
According to Weekly Fiscal Development from Ministry of Finance, the cumulative total of revenue and grants as of the week-44 reached MVR19,449.2 million (MVR19.4 billion).
From the expenditure composition, 75% of the total expenditure was spent on recurrent expenditure while the remaining 25% on capital expenditure.
Similarly, in revenue composition 72% of the total revenue was generated from tax sources while remaining 28% came from non-tax sources.
Tax revenue sources such as TGST, GGST and Import Duty remain constant as strongest contributors.
The overall balance for the period is a deficit of MVR2,105.1 million.
Net issuance for the week 27 until 31 October was a surplus of MVR112.4 million while government securities valued at MVR1,534.2 million matured and MVR1,646.6 million was issued.
Meanwhile, cumulative total of tax revenues has reached MVR14,033.2 million while non-tax revenue total has reached MVR4,412.0 million.
In addition to this, grants received to Maldives state has hit MVR1,047.1 million.