The government spending as of 28 November 2019 has reached MVR24.8 billion.
According to Ministry of Finance, the cumulative spending for the year by state has reached MVR24,753.9 million.
In addition, the earnings for government inclusive of grants have crossed MVR21,694.4 million.
As per expense composition, 74% of the total was spent on recurrent expenditure while remaining 26% on capital expenses.
Moreover, the revenue composition shows 70% of earnings made from tax sources.
Additionally, the remaining 30% of earnings came from non-tax sources.
Furthermore, tax based income sources remain as strongest revenue churners to government; such as TGST, GGST, Import Duty and BPT.
However, due to significant spending compared to earnings the deficit gap widened.
As of review week, the overall balance observed a deficit of MVR3,059.5 million.
Moreover, tax income so far in 2019 has reached MVR15,083.4 million while non-tax income hit MVR5,608.7 million.
Additionally, recurrent expense has hit MVR18,272.5 million in annual terms.
In addition, capital expense crossed to MVR6,481.5 million so far in 2019 as per latest stats.
Furthermore, state has settled MVR1,021.8 million in loan repayment.
In the meantime, the government transferred MVR1,284.6 million to Sovereign Development Fund (SDF).